Thursday, June 11, 2009

Arachno-rama


Seems like it’s been pouring down rain for weeks, and all the sticky weather has brought out the spiders in droves. Hank and I were enjoying an educational moment the other day, observing a classic fat spider on an intricate web catching and wrapping up her prey. Poor Coco got attacked in bed the other night by what we suspect was a surly arachnid and woke up with a forehead full of little welts. Then there’s the beauty (in photo) we discovered on the porch this morning. I’ve never really had a spider issue (although if I find the one who was chewing on my baby, you know I’m going to squash him). They seem to be keeping the mouches at bay for which I’m grateful. Ticks on the other hand are my bete noire (so to speak). Our runaway vegetation is a haven for these nasty little beasts. They always seem to go for the ears… Looking forward to the welcome whir of the weedwhacker soon.

No comments: