Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Another Year of Exurban Angst



OK…the daily posting exercise is turning out to be impossible. I think, however, that I’ve accomplished what I was going for: a little shakeup of my slacker ways, a little rigor in the mental routine.

I started this thing exactly a year ago. It’s been therapeutic if nothing else. Not sure how many people actually read it and find it hard to believe that my mundane ruminations would be of interest to anyone other than a few friends (wish I’d had a blog while I was in Paris in the 90s—that would have been an interesting read!). I know there are a few diehards out there (thanks guys) who tune in regularly. I’d be curious to know if anyone has ever stumbled across it through a random google search or anything. I’ve found a couple of interesting blogs that way. Definitely have not gone out of my way to get it out there…I barely have the time or energy to post on this thing, much less promote it. I joined a bloggy women’s network but have yet to reach out in any meaningful way to the “community.” I just don’t see the point.

Not that I really see the point of maintaining the blog to begin with. I’ve thought about just canning the whole thing, but the old man keeps dissuading me. I suppose I’d miss it if I stopped. It does impose a little structure to my muddled thoughts, keeps the neurons firing, etc. Anyway, I suppose it’s slightly more productive than sitting around watching The View. So…stick with me for another year.

2 comments:

mandybird said...

listen to the old man---i think you'll be happy one day that you kept up your writing chops and also kept a record of your babies' milestones. if not here, write somewhere!

Massie Straton said...

I agree - keep up your writing Jan, you have the gift of turning what may seem mundane into a great story.