Friday, September 26, 2008

Mother's Little Helper

Had to pretty much wrestle the boy down for his nap so I could run downstairs and satisfy my excruciating jones for a cup of tea. These days I think about a cup of tea at three o’clock the way I used to think about a glass of wine at the end of a work day. I long for it. From all indications, it’s pretty much the same way Carla feels about Sarko. While I’m a little unnerved the intensity of my cravings, I suppose it’s really a pretty harmless addiction. Usually manage to limit myself to three cups a day so little Co's hands don't start shaking. So, it’s one sugar and no milk for me. Must be piping hot. I’m pretty much a Red Rose gal (taking a cue from my UK native mother in law, plus I like kitschy little animal figurines that come in the box). However, I have some fancier stuff that I bust out on special occasions. Was way into some crazy strong stuff called Flying Monkey (I’m still talking about tea here) that Auntie Colette found at some kind of tea palace in Cville, but that supply has been exhausted… My new fave is a smoky Russian blend Cousin Amy brought up from Richmond. Drink this one black. Anyway, just another tool to get me through the day. Have tried meditation, but it’s just not the same.

No comments: