Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Call Her Juneau

Also contributing to my excellent humor is the huge disbelieving chuckle I got shortly after waking up when I heard about Sarah Palin’s knocked up teenager. You’ve gotta love those Republicans! The whole scenario reminds me of something out of Northern Exposure. It's like Shelly Tambo running for president or something… Unfortunately, I’m predicting that they’re going to get in. My elementary school buddy Shannon, whom I’ve come to rely on as a pretty accurate bellwether, is going for McCain. She’s never been wrong in her voting career: voted twice for Clinton and twice for stinky George. Shannon attributes the evolution in her voting patterns to her own growing conservatism as we make our way through our fourth decade. While that is certainly in play, I think it may also have something to do with the lousy candidates the Dems fielded in the last two elections. (I’m all about Al Gore these days, but I don’t think he had yet come into his own back in 00). She’s in that white working/middle class demographic that the Dems are licking their chops over. Barack, honey, you’ve failed to win her over. When we find someone who can, we’ll have it in the bag. Anyway, I'll be doing what I can to prove myself wrong...

No comments: