Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Call Me Curly...

Woke up this morning feeling like belting out something from Oklahoma. It’s a beautiful, fresh late summer day, and all is right with the world. They’re making hay in our fields. They’ve got this cool baler that scoops up the hay and spits out a nice fat bale. Henry’s totally fascinated. Impossible to get him down for a nap with such wonders going on outside the window.

On top of all that, preschool starts up tomorrow. Hank will be going three mornings a week starting Monday. We went to a meet-the-teacher open house at school today and milled about with some fellow parents. I always feel kind of goofy and shy at these things—like I’m some kind of outcast, like everybody already knows each other etc. I’m sure I’ll get over it. Anyway, I’m practically salivating at the thought of all the stuff I’ll be getting done. Am I sick to be fantasizing about the solitary vacuuming that’s in store for me? In addition to a teeny bit of therapeutic housework, there’s gonna be some mom/baby yoga, and you know I’ll be doing some blogging while little Co takes her morning nap. Must admit, I’m starting to get just a little wistful at the thought of my baby starting his school career. But I’ll certainly get over that, too.

No comments: