Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Weekly Highlights #2

The boy brought home pink eye (one of my most hated childhood illnesses because it’s so contagious and so, well, icky) last week which was bringing things down. Fortunately the little girl and her papa were spared, but I was not so lucky and will have to toss a new mascara and new set of contacts. On the upside, we are almost done with those annoying drops and should be totally clear for a thanksgiving weekend away… I bought myself an adorable one-shot Bialetti stovetop espresso maker. (It’s so tiny Co thinks I got it for her play kitchen.) I’m a tea drinker too but like an Americano every now and then. The ever lovin’ has pretty much ditched café in favor of green tea so I’m on my own with the espresso. I was using our 6 shot Bialetti but felt compelled to drink all the coffee it produced, which cannot have been good for my nervous system… My kids have suddenly been plunged full on into Star Wars mania (without having seen any of the movies). How does it happen? An old friend has a theory that there’s a Star Wars gene that automatically manifests in 5-year-old boys which seems like a reasonable explanation to me. We’ve been checking out zillions of SW books from the library and I now know pretty much everything about every single character in the Clone Wars… Christian and I used a kid-free Saturday to clear off the front porch, which was looking just a little too white trash for my taste. And finally, the woman who last year did all of her Christmas shopping at Target on December 22 proudly announces she has completed more than half of it in November without leaving her desk. Progress!

No comments: