Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dennis and Me...

Hope you all don’t mind if I share my little Dennis Hopper story…New Orleans in the early 90s. I was at a Lemonheads show at Tipitina’s. Struggling to remember whom I was with but strangely remember what I was wearing (black polyester minidress from Thrift City). Anyway, as I recall, Evan Dando came up to me and was like “Hey I’m Evan,” and I was like “Oh my God is that Dennis Hopper?” Got to chat with Dennis for a few minutes. He was, well, cool as you’d expect. I wonder if he was a Lemonheads fan or just happened to be hanging out…Damn I miss that place…

1 comment:

English Teacher X said...

I seem to recall it was me egging you on to introduce yourself to Dennis Hopper. . .and Evan Dando was after the show, I suggested you talk to him because at that time nobody else seemed especially interested.