Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Latest from the Land of Nod

Not sure what’s going on around here this summer, but we’ve all been sleeping like fiends. It’s nice, if a little decadent, sleeping in, but it makes me a little uneasy. I am, for the most part, a morning person, but I’ve been staying up late (watching the Sopranos on dvd, reading ridiculous vampire stories, posting etc.) and waking up groggy and disoriented around 9 am. The ever lovin’ has been working late and snoozing right along with me. The kids have also gotten on this late to bed, late to rise train, which as we all know is just no damn good. Anticipating a rude awakening (so to speak) when preschool starts again in September, so I’ve decided to (gently) break the cycle. I’ve started setting an alarm (for 7:30) and spending some time with my uninspired thoughts before getting the kids up.

Have also been dying for coffee all week. Unfortunately, coffee makes me even more edgy/insane than usual so I try to save it for special occasions and the occasional (mild/ very rare) hangover. However, my mother makes fantastic coffee, and I couldn’t resist during our week at the beach. Wine in the evenings, coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon. Lovely. Have reverted to my old tea drinking ways since we’ve been back but find myself craving a scalding black Americano every morning around 10:30. Must hold back though. I’m not much of a yogi these days, but I am trying to hang onto what little mental equilibrium I have left, and I know that stuff is way too rajasic for my little brain to handle on a regular basis.

2 comments:

English Teacher X said...

Which is better, TWILIGHT or Poppy Z. Brite's LOST SOULS? I re-read LOST SOULS recently, man is it 90's. . .

Petits Choux said...

Twilight is pretty puritanical actually (written by a mormon housewife). Haven't read the PZB but I'm sure it's not!